A home is one of the biggest purchases you’ll ever make. Our loan advisors can help you pick the perfect spot to lay down roots.
- Competitive Rates
- Zero Down Payment Available
- Quick Decisions
- Local Processing
- Competitive rates for home purchase, refinance, or construction
- Available for primary residence, second homes, vacation homes, or investment properties
- A wide range of terms customized to your unique situation
- Variety of financing programs available:
- Fixed-rate mortgages
- Adjustable rate mortgages (ARMs)
- Land Loans
- Construction Loans
- And more
- Helpful loan advisors with working knowledge of the local real estate market
- Free pre-approval for extra confidence when buying your home
- Refinance your current home to potentially lower your rate
- Quick, local decision-making and processing
- Attentive, friendly service from start to finish
Looking for more information on how to find and finance a home? Check out our comprehensive guide (PDF).
All mortgages with Dannemora Federal Credit Union are originated and processed in house at the credit union. Post closing, we currently keep all mortgages in house and provide all servicing so you can be assured that you will be working with us from beginning to end.
Please note that the First Time Home Buyer Workshop scheduled to take place on April 1st has been POSTPONED until further notice. Check back soon for our new date!
Why should you choose Dannemora Federal Credit Union as your mortgage provider?
Easy. When you partner with us, you’ll get to work one-on-one with a mortgage expert who is committed to providing you with service and solutions that are affordable, local, flexible and personal. Not to mention, you’ll gain access to a wide range of financing options to meet your specific needs:
- Fixed Rate Mortgages — Enjoy the same principal and interest payment for the life of the mortgage.
- Adjustable Rate Mortgages (ARMs) — Accept payments that may fluctuate to enjoy lower payments up front.
- Land Loans — Purchase a vacant lot to eventually build a home or raw land that you don’t intend to develop.
- Construction Loans — Receive short-term, interim financing to pay for building a house.
- Refinancing — Use this option to potentially lower your monthly mortgage payments.
- Zero Down Mortgages — Purchase a home with no required down payment.
Rest assured, all mortgages at DFCU are originated and processed in house at the credit union, and we currently keep all mortgages in house post closing – so you can be certain you’ll work with us from beginning to end.
To become a member, all you have to do is work, live, worship or go to school in Clinton, Essex, Franklin or St. Lawrence counties!
FYI on PMI
Did you know? DFCU offers Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI), meaning we can finance:
- Up to 97% for qualified buyers for the purchase of single family homes1
- Up to 90% cash out for refinances1
- Up to 90% financing on double wides1
1Rates can vary based on risk factors which include but are not limited to LTV, credit score, and debt to income ratio. Loan approval, interest rate, and down payment required based on creditworthiness, amount financed, and ability to repay. Loans with a down payment less than 20% require private mortgage insurance which could increase the monthly payment and Annual Percentage Rate. Fees may be assessed, as applicable. Rates, terms, and conditions are subject to change. Index used is Prime Rate as published in the Wall Street Journal. Rates and Terms subject to change without notice. All loans subject to credit approval. Actual APR and maximum loan-to-value are determined based on the applicant's credit score and other criteria.